Friday, March 27, 2009

The Orgasmic Birth Movement — I'm sorry, what?


Described as "a drug-free, pain-free labour that comes with multiple orgasms" (as mothers across Galway start to laugh hysterically), the orgasmic birth movement is controversially making its way into Western culture, challenging strickened taboos and mainstream medical beliefs along the way.

Intrigued yet unconvinced right? Me too. Click here to read what The Times had to say about orgasmic birthing this week. And yes, for those who need a visual (no, it isn't as bad as it sounds) there is a clip from an American documentary film on the subject available here. Seems blissful enough and all that but, having stood just footsteps outside of the labour and delivery department on a few occassions I'm still not convinced those moans and groans, (and occassional screams) can constitute sounds of pleasure and not sounds of pain. Call me a pessimist but I think I'll be waiting a few years before I put this theory to the test, thank you very much!

1 comment:

  1. Go ahead, Princess, I dare you to send this one to your sister.

    ReplyDelete