Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Lil' Review


Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Facial Mask

I'll be honest, I don't really take care of my skin as well as I should. I know that, I admit, and yet somehow I was lucky enough to be blessed with skin that didn't really blemish or get oily or dry out, no matter what kind of trauma I put it through. I wash it in the morning before I put on my makeup, I wash it at night when I can remember and I keep it lotioned when it needs it. Boring I know, but it works for me. So when the small tub of Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Facial Mask landed on my doorstep late last week it admittedly took me a few days to find the time to sit down and try it out. Why fix something that isn't broken right?

But alas, here I sit, just moments after washing the mask off, rubbing my face in awe. The term "baby's bottom" comes to mind, but then I touch it again and think it may actually be softer than even that. I am amazed.

One of two new additions to the famous Yes to Carrots range of skin, body, and haircare products, the Yes to Cucumbers line is designed to cool, calm, and hydrate sensitive skin thanks to key ingredients that include aloe vera, green tea, broccoli, dill, and (duh!) cucumbers.

I have to admit, the Soothing Facial Mask didn't smell great...but it definitely could have smelled worse, all things considered (especially when you discover there is algae thrown in there as well). Still, it manages to go onto the skin smooth and doesn't dry to a cement-like crater that leaves your skin feeling like all the moisture has been sucked straight from your pores. Better yet, when the five minutes were up, a quick rinse with some warm water was all I needed to wash away this greenish goop (is there nothing worse than rubbing your face red raw trying to get these silly masks off?)

And the end result? Well, it is now almost 20 minutes since I started writing this review (so maybe I decided to celebrate my wonderfully smooth skin with a glass of wine in the middle of blogging, its allowed right?), and I am still rubbing my skin in wonder.

And I have to admit, the smell kind of grew on me as well. There is something clean, somethign fresh, something...well, natural, about it. Makes sense I guess, since I doubt you could really get much more natural than putting cucumbers on your face, right?

It would appear it is time for me to reevaluate my facial regime. And cucumbers have most definitely just made the cut.

Don't forget to check out the second new addition to the Yes To... family, Yes to Tomatoes, aimed at bring a healthy and fresh balance to oily and combination skin types.

Galway Stockists: The complete line of Yes To.. .products are available from Boots on Shop Street and Matt O'Flaherty's Chemist on William Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment